Bronze Birch Borer
What are they?
A beetle that attacks birch trees in North America. Generally it attacks white birch that are in stressful conditions. The pest will kill untreated trees overtime.
What are the signs?
· D-shaped exit holes in the bark
· Dieback from the top down
· Ridges on the bark of larger branches
· Larvae develop through the winter
· Adults emerge in late spring feeding on leaves shortly after emergence
· Larvae feed and disrupt living xylem tissue cutting off water supply.
Treatment and Prevention
· Water trees during periods of drought
· Plant trees in clumps to shade the root system
· Mulch tree with 2 1/2 inches of mulch
· Require a systemic trunk injection for effective control. We use the Arborjet Tree IV to treat these particular insects.Get Your Free Estimate Today!