Emerald Ash Borer
What are they?
Invasive borer species from Asia that kills Ash trees in the Midwest. The borer bores into the trunks of Ash trees laying larvae that eat away at the vascular system in the tree. Trees will die within 3 years of attack.
What are the signs?
· Early fall color
· Woodpecker feeding
· Hollow galleries under bark
· D-shaped exit holes
· Branches sprouting from trunk
· Eggs are laid in the trunk from adults
· Larvae chew the bark and feed on the inside of the tree
· Beetles emerge in May– August
· Biannual injection of a truck injected
Insecticide using Tree-age. We use the
Arborjet Tree I.V. System to accomplish this. It has a 99% effectiveness rate.
Get Your Free Estimate Today!